Sunday, December 4, 2011

Inexpensive Ways to Decorate

The Dollar store. Most Brides never consider looking at the dollar store for decorations for their weddings, however there are a few options to ease your bridal budget. Creating your own decorations is a great way to assure that they are what you want and are at relatively inexpensive price. As shown on their website,Dollar Tree has a section dedicated to wedding ideas. There are even how-to-guides on how to create your own look, personalized drinks and other inexpensive wedding ideas. 


Another great place to find quality decorations but at lower prices, are craft stores. Places like Joann'sMichael's, and Hobby Lobby offer great wedding ideas and can be found at reasonable prices with coupons. The also have wedding sets that include the cake cutting and serving, kits to make your own invitations and almost anything else needed to have a beautiful do-it-yourself wedding. 


The last inexpensive way to shop for your wedding, is the clearance isle of almost any store. Any place that has a wedding section will clearance out, out-of date things, but at this bargain price you can buy some really nice things. Other places to check for sale items is eBay or Amazon, which can offer great prices on wedding supplies.



My use of inexpensive shopping. I am planning a Cinderella themed wedding, I had little ideas of what I wanted for centerpieces but when I saw plastic Halloween pumpkins on sale. I had an idea. I decided I wanted to carve the pumpkins, one side with Cinderella and the other with Prince Charming. Then I would put some sort of candle on the inside, since the pumpkins are plastic I wanted to use flame-less candles.




Flame-less Candles
By Jill Reber

Cinderella Carving
By Jill Reber

Prince Charming Carving
By Jill Reber

Finished Centerpiece
By Jill Reber

I got the Pumpkins at WalMart for 3 dollars a piece and I got the flame-less candles at Dollar Tree for 2 for a dollar. Making the cost of my centerpieces 3 dollars and fifty cents. 

No comments:

Post a Comment